The Las Vegas Rescue Mission is looking for a Case Manager to join our recovery team. LVRM is a private, faith-based organization that serves our community by offering a safe place for men and women to break the cycle of homelessness and addiction.
The Case Manager supports the ministries of the Las Vegas Rescue Mission by providing case management for residents of the recovery program. The Residential Program is tailored to meet the needs of the individual and is based on principles from the Bible, relapse prevention, and the 12 steps.
Essential Job Duties:
- Assist with the coordination of clients intake, assessment, and engagement into the program along with the Peer Support Specialist
- Assist Counselor(s) with meeting residents to review phase up requirements and present new ropes.
- Ensure residents meet their assigned goals pertaining to their program
- Create case management goal planning and update accordingly (housing, education, employment, etc.).
- Conduct problem resolution and conflict resolution with clients as needed
- Facilitate psychoeducational groups as assigned.
- Assist with any Service Project coordination or class facilitation as needed
- Assist Director of Operations and Director of Recovery with work therapy assignments for clients as necessary.
- Dedicated to ensuring that respect is given to cultural diversity while interacting positively with clients, other staff members and customers.
- Assist with weekly announcements prior to morning devotions, reminding residents of upcoming events and meetings.
- Meeting residents weekly or as appropriate on a consistent basis (weekly preferred).
- Assist as needed with Up & Running program with the Development Department as needed.
- Identify, coordinate and implement recreational activities and sports to complete with clients
- Review and report to clinical staff the weekly reports and faster scales, identifying resident concerns or possible relapse potential.
- Assist with Drug testing and room searches with other recovery staff
- Assist counselors with resident listing for additional therapies/ outside activates (i.e. Horses 4 Heroes therapy).
- Collect class attendance lists to identify residents who are absent from multiple sessions.
- Provide referrals and follow ups to clients in need of additional services outside of the LVRM (welfare, mental health, medical, public aid, etc.)
- Coordinate with Peer Support Specialist with medical appointments (external or internal), TB tests, physicals and medication release. Also faxing prescriptions to pharmacy to ensure proper delivery.
- Assist with medications (i.e. med pass, assisting with obtaining new or refills, education, etc.)
- Work with recovery team to review all pass requests turned in by residents.
- Coordinating and logging the distribution of bus passes and/or transportation for clients needing to leave property attending meetings, church, etc.
- Assist residents with the move to transitions, work verification, financial responsibility, etc.
- Proper documentation of meetings, services provided, etc. with clients in EHR.
- Network with community partners and keep updated resources for client referrals.
- Take EBT Payments and coordinate with Recovery Management on deposits/withdrawals (for spot jobs, loans, etc.)
- Other duties as directed by Senior Management.
- Minimum High School Diploma
- Previous Case Management experience preferred
Skills, Abilities, and Special Talents
- Must be in agreement with the LVRM Statement of Faith (available upon request).
- Able to maintain a professional attitude in dealing with people within and outside of LVRM.
- Demonstrates behaviors aligned with LVRM employment policies and standards.
- Willing to be accountable and receive correction.
- Excellent verbal, written interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Emotionally mature and resilient; capable of handling pressure.
- Good personal boundaries; able to maintain a healthy personal and professional life.
- Respectful of cultural diversity, and ability to interact positively with clients, other staff members, and agencies within the community.
- Good time management.
- Conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Able to empower clients to solve own problems, rather than doing the work for them.
- Experience using Windows, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Able to teach and facilitate psycho educational groups.
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week, offering a competitive benefit package and paid vacation.
All applications should be directed to Brian Gauthier via email email@example.com