The Las Vegas Rescue Mission is looking for a Development Assistant to join our team. LVRM is a private, faith-based organization that serves our community by offering a safe place for men and women to break the cycle of homelessness and addiction.
This Assistant position supports our Development team who oversees all aspects of marketing, fundraising, events, volunteers and working with directly with donors.
Tasks include but not limited to:
- Create and manage postings for all social media platforms on a weekly basis and lead weekly meeting outlining the next weeks proposed posts
- Planning and creating content for all platforms (video, photography, graphics)
- Generating Blog posts on topics related to the Mission
- Build the social media platforms presence, by reviewing analytics and reporting, as well as managing the daily responses to comments and tags.
- Updating the website (training provided) and brochures frequently.
- Create graphics and email templates, as well as manage email lists, for solicitation and recruitment for special events.
- Handle multiple, simultaneous projects and work assignments, as well as work with multiple LVRM team members and departments, to successfully execute events.
- Manage volunteer recruitment and training for all special events, working alongside the Volunteer Liaison.
- Assist development team in general fundraising and marketing efforts including, but not limited to: making presentations, initiating contacts and attending networking events.
- Attend community events (some may be outside of usual business hours) and inform the public of what LVRM does through the services offered.
- Maintain and order all marketing materials for such events.
- Develop a volunteer recognition event/program to thank and publicly acknowledge key individuals and organizations
- Work with the Volunteer Liaison to ensure they have details pertinent to their role of training and overseeing volunteers in the dining hall during evening meals
- Printing and mailing of donor acknowledgement letters weekly (as back up when needed)
- Assist in all areas of donor and community relations, as needed and as assigned.
- Assist the Sr. Manager of Donor Relations in recruiting and managing donation drives throughout peak seasons and the holidays.
- Assist the Director of Development with administrative duties as assigned.
- Ad Hoc projects, as they are assigned.
- Minimum High School Diploma
- Nonprofit work and/or volunteer experience a plus
Skills, Abilities, and Special Talents:
- Must be in agreement with the LVRM Statement of Faith (available upon request).
- Able to maintain a professional attitude in dealing with people within and outside of LVRM.
- Demonstrates behaviors aligned with LVRM employment policies and standards.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and as a valuable team member
- Willing to be accountable and receive correction.
- Excellent verbal, written interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Respectful of cultural diversity, and ability to interact positively with guests, clients, other staff members, and agencies within the community.
- Good time management.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Windows computer software products (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher)
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week, offering a competitive benefit package and paid vacation. Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
All applications should be directed to Heather Williams via email email@example.com