The Las Vegas Rescue Mission (LVRM) is a private, faith-based organization that serves our community by offering a safe place for men, women, and families to break the cycle of homelessness and addiction. Our Development team oversees all aspects of marketing, fundraising, events, volunteers and working directly with donors.
This department develops and executes our non-profit’s fundraising campaigns, communicates with current and prospective donors, and coordinates and oversees all volunteer activity at the Mission. The Development Manager works closely with and reports directly to the Director of Development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Fundraising / Event Management
- Ensure all special events achieve/exceed revenue goals by retaining and recruiting event committees, teams, sponsors and individuals to grow our constituent base.
- Develop and manage a strategy to retain, recruit, and cultivate committee members and participants to ensure successful event fundraising.
- Plan and execute event logistics and serve as the staff manager on event day to provide an excellent experience for all participants and volunteers.
- Evaluate event results and prepare recommendations for future events to expand our community reach.
- Solicit media partnerships to highlight LVRM and its events.
- Efficiently track event budgets to ensure expenses remain at or below budget percentage by recruiting in-kind sponsors for the majority of event goods & services.
Volunteer Program / Marketing
- Manage the volunteer system and ensure efficient volume of volunteers are secured on a regular basis for LVRM and special events.
- Oversee creation of content and postings to ensure there is an active presence for LVRM on social media platforms.
- Manage donation collection drives throughout the community in its entirety, while working with LVRM staff to have up to date lists of most needed items
- Attend community events (some may be outside of usual business hours) and inform the public of what LVRM does through services offered.
- Identify, qualify, and cultivate prospective new donors.
- Partner with other staff/team members at community events and within general operations.
- Directly manage the Development Assistant, and create and oversee all projects relating to their position.
- Work with Gift Processing Administrator to maintain records of donor communications and to ensure accurate, timely donor records, and contact information relating to special events.
- Be available for donor calls, e-mails, questions, and concerns relating to LVRM and its programs and services.
- Coordinate tours and personal visits for donors and prospective donors.
- Provide administrative support and general assistance for all development, capital campaign and fundraising activities for LVRM.
- Minimum of 3 years fundraising experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree in non-profit management, marketing, or related field preferred
- Demonstrated success in external relationship management and volunteer recruitment
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft programs, fundraising platforms)
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, in a professional manner
- Ability to work nights and weekends (as required for special events)
- Ability to lift and carry 25lbs (event supplies)
- Available to start on 6/20/2022
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week, offering a competitive benefit package and paid vacation. Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
All resumes with a cover letter, should be directed to Heather Williams via email firstname.lastname@example.org