The Las Vegas Rescue Mission (LVRM) is looking for a Facilities Associate to join our team. LVRM is a private, faith-based organization that serves our community by offering a safe place for men and women to break the cycle of homelessness and addiction.
This position assists with the coordinating, and general cleaning, maintenance, and upkeep of the facility and works in the maintenance, janitorial, laundry, and stewarding departments, reporting to the Director of Facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the maintenance of the Las Vegas Rescue Mission to include HVAC, heating, kitchen equipment, electrical, plumbing, laundry facilities, garbage, recycling, and landscaping.
- Assist with janitorial operations in all areas.
- Assist as needed in the main industrial laundry and smaller laundry rooms.
- Assist with the maintenance of a clean and efficient kitchen and dining hall, working with the Lead Steward as required
- Landscape & grounds maintenance to include watering, weeding, pruning, collecting trash, pressure washing walkways and equipment, painting etc.
- Trades experience an asset
- Landscaping, Janitorial, Maintenance, Stewarding, Handyman experience an asset
- Ability to lift 50-100lbs observing appropriate safety protocol
- Ability to work on your feet for long periods of time
- Ability to work outdoors in all seasons
- Ability to crawl in small or tight spaces
- Ability to easily and quickly navigate the entire property and its buildings as required to perform job functions;
- Ability to communicate, exchange ideas, and problem solve
- Attention to detail
- Previous experience at a large facility an asset
- Previous experience working with a vulnerable population as asset
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Available to work day, swing and weekend shifts
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week, offering a competitive benefit package and paid vacation. Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
Please send resume to Michael Moreno via email: firstname.lastname@example.org