Kitchen Supervisor (PT)
The Las Vegas Rescue Mission is seeking a part-time Kitchen Supervisor.
The Las Vegas Rescue Mission operates a Kitchen/Dining Hall serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, 365 days a year, to clients in the Mission’s Drug and Alcohol Addiction Recovery program, the Men’s and Women’s Overnight Shelter, as well as a daily evening Community Meal.
The Kitchen Supervisor must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, in a professional manner with other facility staff members, residents, clients, volunteers and donors. They must also have an aptitude for working on their feet and standing for an (8) hour shift along with an ability to lift 50 lbs. as needed.
All kitchen employees must have a current Southern Nevada Health District ‘Food Handler Safety Training’ Card (Health Card) along with a good understanding of safe culinary practice.
The Kitchen Supervisor is responsible for the duties stated below and reports directly to the Kitchen Manager.
- Log in and clock in to Mission’s time sheet system (T-Sheets) upon starting shift.
- Upon arrival check in with previous Shift Supervisor or Kitchen Manager for update on operations.
- Prep and prepare products for meals your shift is responsible for ensuring you are following correct health and safety procedures.
- Assist with daily menu planning as needed.
- Organize, put away, and rotate products that are received ensuring you are following correct health and safety procedures.
- Ensure all donated product is noted on the eraser/whiteboard in the kitchen.
- Ensure all products in fridges and freezers is labeled correctly and dated prior to putting away.
- Oversee the detailed cleaning of the kitchen and dining hall to include bathrooms, floor, dining hall and kitchen equipment.
- Ensure kitchen equipment is clean & operating correctly.
- Report any maintenance issues or requirements to Kitchen Manager, Maintenance Supervisor or Director of Operations (in Kitchen Managers absence).
- Check daily the upstairs conference room for cleanliness.
- Check fridges and freezers each shift for cleanliness, organization, rotation of product & to ensure it is operating correctly, i.e., temperature is checked.
- Update Kitchen Manager on product inventory levels for daily/weekly ordering purposes.
- Supports and participates in the Work Therapy program; assists Program staff in creating a productive, therapeutic, educational and professional environment that enables clients to learn and/or develop job skills and appropriate workplace behaviors.
- Supports and works with the Mission’s volunteer program and Volunteer Coordinator, helping to create an ‘excellent volunteer experience’ for each and every one of our volunteers without whom the Mission would not be able to provide the multitude of services it does.
- At end of shift ensure that the kitchen is left clean and tidy and that trash and cardboard is taken out ready for the next shift to start.
- Update next shift Supervisor upon arrival.
- Clock out and log out of Mission time sheet system (T-Sheets) upon finishing shift.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager.
- Attend meetings as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or Director of Operations.
This is a part-time position, 24-28 hours per week. Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
Please send resume to Mark Maletych via email firstname.lastname@example.org