Men’s Shelter Assistant
The Las Vegas Rescue Mission is looking for a Shelter Assistant to join our Men’s Shelter Program. We are a private, faith-based organization that serves our community by offering a safe place for men and women to break the cycle of homelessness and addiction.
The Shelter Assistant assists the overnight guests with their emergency housing needs. In doing so the Shelter Assistant must comply with all standards and directions specified by the designated Shelter Supervisor and Clinical Director.
The Shelter Assistant must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. The Assistant must also represent the Mission in a professional manner and be able to communicate effectively with facility staff members, residents, overnight guests, volunteers and donors.
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Coordinate daily intake process of shelter guests and potential shelter
- Demonstrate ability to handle all crisis situations effectively ensuring the safety of all children, clients, guests and staff alike.
- Network and coordinate with outside agencies.
- Effectively assist and care for all overnight guests in a compassionate and responsible manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong organizational
- Working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook, MS Publisher, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Previous experience with HMIS an asset.
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week, offering a competitive benefit package and paid vacation. Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
Please send resume to Alyson Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view a PDF version of this job description click here.