SECURITY OPERATIONS MANAGER
The Las Vegas Rescue Mission has a Security Team that operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They are a vital part of the Operations Department and help ensure the safety and smooth operation of the Mission, for clients, staff and visitors alike. The Security Operations Manager oversee the security team.
The Security Operations Manager must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, in a professional manner with other facility staff members, residents, clients, volunteers and donors. They must also have an aptitude for working outdoors for the duration of their shift in all seasons and weather. This is an active, hands-on position, working with, and supporting the security team, on all shifts.
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Maintain a professional working relationship with all the departments at the Las Vegas Rescue Mission.
- Maintain and establish active relationships with outside agencies, regarding potential client needs.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with LVMPD and other emergency services with whom the Mission works.
- Review and establish current policies and procedures to ensure that they are up to date and relevant.
- Interview and hire Security Supervisors as needed.
- Train all new hires and clients.
- Evaluate performance of all department team members.
- Prepare a weekly schedule according to the Mission’s needs.
- Review and approve Security Supervisors bi-weekly payroll to include vacation, sick time, holidays and overtime.
- Maintain an organized system of past and future pertinent information.
- Run interference with security team, support, and actively de-escalate situations as they arise.
- Perform an in-house investigation into any security incidents that occur.
- Maintain and service all equipment that is required to run the department.
- Co-ordinate with the manager of each department at the Mission to discuss security issues and requirements.
- Minimum High School Diploma
- Minimum 5 years of security experience
- Minimum 2 year of security management experience
- Previous experience working with vulnerable populations preferred
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Training an asset
Skills & Abilities
- Crisis Intervention/de-escalation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and Google Documents
- Demonstrates behaviors aligned with LVRM employment policies and standards
- Healthy personal boundaries
- Respectful of cultural diversity
- Good time management
- Networking skills
- Willing to be accountable and receive correction
This is a full-time salaried position, offering a competitive benefit package, paid sick and vacation time and an opportunity to advance with a great team. Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
Please send resume to Nicki Antill via email: email@example.com