SECURITY OPERATIONS MANAGER
The Las Vegas Rescue Mission has a Security Team that operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They are a vital part of the Operations Department and help ensure the safety and smooth operation of the Mission, for clients, staff and visitors alike.
The Security Operations Manager oversees a team of Security Supervisors and Security Guards. The team together helps to secure the premises and personnel by patrolling the property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings; equipment, and access points and permitting entry to the property. Daily, the security team oversees the safe and secure intake of our overnight guests and the Community Meal. In doing so, the Security Operations Manager must comply with all standards and directions specified by the Director of Operations and Mission policy.
The Security Operations Manager must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, in a professional manner with other facility staff members, residents, clients, volunteers and donors. They must also have an aptitude for working outdoors for the duration of their shift in all seasons and weather.
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Maintain a professional working relationship with all the departments at the Las Vegas Rescue Mission.
- Maintain and establish active relationships with outside agencies, regarding potential client needs.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with LVMPD and other emergency services with whom the Mission works.
- Review and establish current policies and procedures to ensure that they are up to date and relevant.
- Interview and hire Security Supervisors as needed.
- Train all new hires and clients.
- Evaluate performance of all department team members.
- Prepare a weekly schedule according to the Mission’s needs.
- Review and approve Security Supervisors bi-weekly payroll to include vacation, sick time, holidays and overtime.
- Maintain an organized system of past and future pertinent information.
- Perform an in-house investigation into any security incidents that occur.
- Maintain and service all equipment that is required to run the department.
- Co-ordinate with the manager of each department at the Mission to discuss security issues and requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Previous work in the area of security is an asset.
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week, offering a competitive benefit package and paid vacation. Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.