The Las Vegas Rescue Mission is looking for a Shelter Coordinator to join our Shelter team. We are a private, faith-based organization that serves our community by offering a safe place for men and women to break the cycle of homelessness.
The Shelter Coordinator assists the overnight guests with their emergency housing needs. In doing so the Shelter Coordinator must comply with all standards and directions specified by the designated Shelter Supervisor and Clinical Director. This includes but not limited to providing hygiene kits, clothing, and other basic needs. Helping guests connect to Welfare, Social Services, or other community partners. Responsible for maintaining dorm and ensuring safety.
The Shelter Coordinator must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. The Coordinator must also represent the Mission in a professional manner and be able to communicate effectively with facility staff members, residents, overnight guests, volunteers and donors.
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Coordinate daily intake processes of shelter guests and potential shelter guests.
- Demonstrate ability to handle all crisis situations effectively ensuring the safety of all children, clients, guests and staff alike.
- Network and coordinate with outside agencies.
- Effectively assist and care for all overnight guests in a compassionate and responsible manner
- Data entry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook, MS Publisher, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Previous experience with HMIS an asset.
- Previous experience working with a vulnerable population an asset.
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week, offering a competitive benefit package and paid vacation. Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
Please send resume to Ashley Bunn at firstname.lastname@example.org