The Las Vegas Rescue Mission is looking for a Shelter Supervisor to join our team. We are a private, faith-based organization that serves our community by offering a safe place for men and women to break the cycle of homelessness and/or addiction.
The Shelter Supervisor is directly responsible for the day to day management of the men’s, women’s, and single fathers Shelters, directly supervises the Shelter Assistants (staff) and reports to the Clinical Director. The function of the Shelter Supervisor is to supervise, plan, coordinate, enhance, expand and ensure the efficient operations of shelter programming.
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Directly Supervise and provide leadership to all Shelter staff
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Flexible with work hours and provide on call assistance to Shelter Assistants.
- Work closely with the Clinical Director to provide staff training and on-going evaluations.
- Network with other agencies and provide support and direction including, but not limited to, outside ministries, churches, and city services.
- Complete case management and/or provide referral sources for shelter guests.
- Represent the Mission in a professional manner and be able to communicate effectively with facility staff members, residents, overnight guests, volunteers and donors.
- Manage, enter or review data including those enrolled in shelter services, those who have been housed, prevention services, other statistics required by specific funding etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and management skills.
- Understands person centered practices.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook, MS Publisher, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Previous experience with Clarity Human Services Systems/ Homeless Management Information System (CMIS/HMIS) is an asset.
- Previous case management or supervisory experience an asset.
- Previous history facilitating group sessions is an asset.
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week, offering a competitive benefit package and paid vacation. Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
Please send resume to Alyson Martinez @ email@example.com