Men’s Shelter Supervisor
The Las Vegas Rescue Mission is looking for a Men’s Shelter Supervisor to join our team. We are a private, faith-based organization that serves our community by offering a safe place for men and women to break the cycle of homelessness and addiction.
The Men’s Shelter Supervisor is directly responsible for the day to day management of the men’s and single fathers Shelters, and reports directly to the Clinical Director and directly supervises Shelter Assistants. The function of the Men’s Shelter Supervisor is to supervise, plan, coordinate, and ensure the efficient operations of the men’s and single fathers shelter programming.
The Men’s Shelter Supervisor must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. The Supervisor must also represent the Mission in a professional manner and be able to communicate effectively with facility staff members, residents, overnight guests, volunteers and donors.
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Supervise and provide leadership to all Shelter staff
- Work closely with the Clinical Director to provide staff training and on-going evaluations.
- Network with other agencies and provide support and direction including, but not limited to, outside ministries, churches, and city services.
- Represent the mission at community functions.
- Coordinate the case management of single men and families staying at the Shelter
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and management skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook, MS Publisher, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Previous experience with HMIS an asset.
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week, offering a competitive benefit package and paid vacation. Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
Please send resume to Alyson Martinez @ email@example.com
To view a PDF version of this job description click here.