The Las Vegas Rescue Mission is looking for a truck driver to join our team.
The LVRM is a private, faith-based organization that serves our community by offering a safe place for men and women to break the cycle of homelessness and addiction.
The Las Vegas Rescue Mission operates a Thrift Store and Furniture Warehouse selling donated goods to include, gently used furniture, clothes & household items. Our team of drivers handles pick-ups of all types of donated goods to include, furniture, clothing, perishable and non- perishable food as well as delivery of items such as furniture to customers and barrels and boxes to businesses for annual food, clothing and blanket drives.
Our drivers assist in maintaining the Mission’s credibility and reputation by providing good donor relations and a professional image. Drivers are responsible for adhering to a schedule of pick-ups and deliveries throughout the Las Vegas and Henderson area. Pick-ups and deliveries are made to and from hotels, private residences, local businesses, donors and customers. A driver must, at all times, maintain a professional manner and adhere to the highest standards of safety and customer service.
A driver must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, in a professional, Christian manner with other facility staff members, residents, clients, volunteers and donors.
They must also have an aptitude for working outdoors for the duration of their shift in all seasons and weather.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews schedule of pick-ups and deliveries with the Transportation/Warehouse Supervisor and Donations Coordinator on a daily
- Update and maintain regular communication with Transportation/Warehouse Supervisor regarding situations such as absences, early/late departures, early/late arrivals, delivery instructions, changes to route and reschedules or discrepancies in
- Performs daily operational and maintenance checks on vehicle to include, tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water and reports any issues to immediate supervisor in a timely manner.
- Conforms to maintenance schedules for trucks and brings vehicles in on a timely
- Performs basic emergency roadside repairs, such as changing tires, as
- Maintain a clean vehicle at all times. Trucks are to be cleaned once a
- Load and unload vehicle in designated areas using the necessary resources (including additional personnel) to prevent personal injury and/or damage to
- Positions and secures blocks, cords, wraps, straps, ropes and other protective materials around items to protect cargo during
- Places donated items in designated areas and report any valuable donations to the Transportation/Warehouse Supervisor and store those donations in a safe
- Provides donors with donation receipts and other paperwork as required. Ensures all paperwork turned in to Donations Coordinator on a daily
- Obey traffic laws and comply with all Federal, State and local laws regulating driving and follow all LVRM policies and procedure as laid out in the Employee
- Preserves a supportive work environment by treating people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity at all times and works to resolve grievances; maintains professionalism and promotes a positive Mission
- Supports and participates in the Work Therapy program; assists Program staff in creating a productive, therapeutic, educational and professional environment that enables clients to learn and/or develop job skills and appropriate workplace
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Nevada State Driver License with a clean driving
- Minimum one-year experience as a truck driver, preferably in a warehouse
- Previous experience with the homeless, substance abusers and mentally ill
- Nonprofit experience
- Forklift Certified preferred but not
- Strong interpersonal
- Consistently demonstrates the ability to work safely at all times
- Excellent communication
- Ability to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines
- Must be able to handle loading and unloading of boxes, furniture, perishable and non- perishable
- Must be able to operate manual and electric pallet
- Ability to lift 50lbs as
- At times or for special events be able to work evenings, weekends or
- Subject to criminal and DMV/DOL background
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week, offering a competitive benefit package and paid vacation. Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
Please send resume to Owen Russon via email: firstname.lastname@example.org