The Las Vegas Rescue Mission is looking for a truck driver to join our team.
The LVRM is a private, faith-based organization that serves our community by offering a safe place for men and women to break the cycle of homelessness and addiction.
The Las Vegas Rescue Mission operates a Thrift Store and Furniture Warehouse selling donated goods to include, gently used furniture, clothes & household items. Our team of drivers handles pick-ups of all types of donated goods to include, furniture, clothing, perishable and non-perishable food as well as delivery of items such as furniture to customers and barrels and boxes to businesses for annual food, clothing and blanket drives.
Our drivers assist in maintaining the Mission’s credibility and reputation by providing good donor relations and a professional image. Drivers are responsible for adhering to a schedule of pick-ups and deliveries throughout the Las Vegas and Henderson area. Pick-ups and deliveries are made to and from hotels, private residences, local businesses, donors and customers. A driver must, at all times, maintain a professional manner and adhere to the highest standards of safety and customer service.
A driver must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, in a professional, manner with other facility staff members, residents, clients, volunteers and donors. They must also have an aptitude for working outdoors for the duration of their shift in all seasons and weather.
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Valid Nevada State Driver License with a clean driving record.
- Minimum one-year experience as a truck driver, preferably in a warehouse environment.
- Previous experience with a vulnerable population preferred.
- Nonprofit experience preferred.
- Forklift Certified preferred but not required.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Consistently demonstrates the ability to work safely at all times
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to handle loading and unloading of boxes, furniture, perishable and non-perishable food.
- Must be able to operate manual pallet jacks.
- Ability to lift 50lbs as needed.
- At times or for special events be able to work evenings, weekends or holidays.
- Subject to criminal and DMV/DOL background check.
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week, offering a competitive benefit package and paid vacation, holidays, and sick time. We provide secure onsite parking for employees, meals when you are on shift, and staff are offered a discount in our Thrift Store. We are a ‘second chance’ employer and a ‘Recovery Friendly Workplace’ offering an opportunity to work for a great organization that has been in Las Vegas since 1970 making a real difference in the lives of those in need!
Please send resume to Michael Moreno at email@example.com