The Las Vegas Rescue Mission is looking for a Counselor to join our recovery team. LVRM is a private, faith-based organization that serves our community by offering a safe place for men and women to break the cycle of homelessness and addiction.
The Counselor supports the ministries of the Genesis Program by providing high quality care, counseling, spiritual leadership and records management for residents of the recovery program. The Genesis Program is a 12 month residential program based on principles from the Bible, the Genesis Process counseling, and the 12 steps.
Essential Job Duties:
- Maintain a case load. Size may range, average is a 13-20 person case load.
- Provide Genesis Process Counseling.
- Facilitating groups as assigned.
- Meet clients weekly for a minimum of one hour for individual therapy.
- Utilize appropriate screenings, DSM 5 criteria and ASAM criteria.
- Conduct crisis counseling when needed and recommend appropriate treatment or action.
- Ensure program residents are meeting their assigned goals as they pertain to their treatment contract, and that they are adhering to program policies.
- Ensure clients are completing their Work Therapy as assigned.
- Initiate discharge planning and work with case management throughout treatment.
- Record, report, and maintain required records and statistical information including input into work therapy schedules and recovery program.
- Proper documentation of meetings with clients including but not limited to assessments, treatment plans, reviews, discharges, and case notes in a timely manner and per policy.
- Perform periodic drug screening as needed/requested.
- Maintain an atmosphere in the dormitories that will be most conducive to safety, dignity, and cleanliness.
- Follow operating procedures and policies for the program, and helping to refine where needed.
- Represent and/or advocate for the needs of clients from case load to other staff within LVRM and to the Las Vegas community as needed.
- Available for consultation on case load in an emergency.
- Attend and participate in all Mission and Department meetings and training, as required.
- Other duties as directed by Senior Management for operation of the program as appropriate within this job function.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in a related field, Masters preferred or equivalent professional experience.
- Eligible for appropriate licensure (i.e. CADC Internship) if not already in process.
Education and Training
- Training or experience with the Genesis Process a plus.
Skills, Abilities, and Special Talents
- Must be in agreement with the LVRM Statement of Faith (available upon request).
- Able to maintain a professional attitude in dealing with people within and outside of LVRM.
- Demonstrates behaviors aligned with LVRM employment policies and standards.
- Willing to be accountable and receive correction.
- Excellent verbal, written interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Emotionally mature and resilient; capable of handling pressure.
- Good personal boundaries; able to maintain a healthy personal and professional life.
- Respectful of cultural diversity, and ability to interact positively with clients, other staff members, and agencies within the community.
- Good time management.
- Conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Able to empower clients to solve own problems, rather than doing the work for them.
- Able to teach and facilitate groups.
All applications should be directed to Brian Gauthier via email email@example.com