Be a Guide to Someone in our Program!
We are pleased that you have decided to be involved in the life of a Las Vegas Rescue Mission program resident. We believe that forming Godly relationships in the community will be immensely beneficial for our clients in their journey to recovery.
Our goal is to help each resident experience Redemption, Recovery and Restoration through our Mission Recovery Program. Our Mentor program will be a crucial component of the Restoration piece.
The focus of the mentor/mentee relationship and conversations will be multifaceted:
- Accountability in working their program.
- Walking through and working the twelve steps.
- Focusing on life after the Mission.
- Life Skills and Life Management.
- Helping them find a church home.
- Getting them plugged into a recovery community outside of the Mission.
- Developing a community of support outside of the Mission.
To get the process started, please do the following:
- Complete the Mentor Application* and review the Statement of Faith*.
- Read and keep the Mentoring Guidelines* to give you an idea of the expectations of mentoring.
- All applications submitted will be reviewed by our Pastor, or Recovery Program staff, to determine the right fit.
- You will receive an email from the Pastor, or Recovery Program staff, to schedule an orientation if you are approved.
- If you are not approved, you will receive an email and personal call from our Pastor with further details.
- All approved applicants will be subject to a background check.
- If a mentor is subject to relapse at anytime, their position as a mentor will be discontinued.
- All mentors are expected to meet weekly online or in-person with their resident for a minimum of 6 months.
Thank you again for choosing to be a positive influence in the life of one of our clients. We look forward to meeting with you and want to encourage you in this growing relationship. Our prayer is that this is a blessing for you as you bless your mentee in this experience.
Pastor Daniel & the Recovery Program Staff
Las Vegas Rescue Mission | 480 W Bonanza Rd | Las Vegas, NV 89106